Roblox players often ask why Roblox keeps disconnecting them. Error code 277 can show up when the game loses connection.
Roblox error code 277 happens when your device disconnects from the game server. Although this error is relatively new, it seems the Roblox developers are not in a rush to fix it.
This error also as Roblox error 267 might happen on any device – Windows, MAC and iOS devices, as well as cellphones and tablets. Developers have not announced a specific fix, but if you follow our instructions, hopefully you can get rid of the annoying bug.
If this occurs, you will see the following message on your screen:
There is more than one reason for Roblox error code 277 to occur. However, a lot of gamers say whenever their Wi-Fi or network connection is bad or unsteady, that is when they experience the problem.
Some say it happens when they get a server failure issue.
Table of Contents
What Actually Causes Error Code 277?
Typical causes can include an incomplete installation of the game, incorrect software deletion from your computer, or corrupted system files in Windows.
Here are some of the reasons you might get this error, along with a possible fix:
Roblox Server Disruption
Your game will keep getting disconnected from the server if that particular game is under maintenance. In this case, all you can do is wait some time then try again later.
Corrupted Windows System Files
There are different reasons Windows system files might get damaged. This not only impacts the health of your PC but can also influence how well Roblox runs.
A good solution for this is to look at the Windows Registry and apply a fix.
If your game is large and has over 4500 parts, you might get a problem, since the limit is about 3000 parts.
The game client in this scenario might freeze when messages in the resend queue number 35 or more. Excessive assets can result in connection problems.
If this sounds like what you are experiencing, restart or refresh Roblox, and clear out the cache files.
5 Ways To Fix Roblox Error Code 277
Let’s take a look at how you can get rid of error code 277 in Roblox.
1. Fix Roblox Error Code 277 with Utility Tool
This fix works on a desktop or laptop computer, and it aims to fix any corrupted system files in the Windows registry.
- First download the error 277 Roblox utililty tool for Windows 10 or whatever operating system you are using
- Install the software
- Click scan now
- Let the scan run – this might take some time
- Once the problems have been found, click the button that says fix
- Wait for the issues to be fixed
- Restart your computer
2. Use or Update Google Chrome Browser
Next it is a good idea to update your default browser. Since Chrome is considered to be the most reliable and trusted browser, you might like to switch over to that if you are using something else.
If you have been having issues using an alternative browser, try Google Chrome and see if that works better. The reason why an up to date browser is so important is Roblox updates often to the latest version, meaning you need to have the latest version of your preferred browser running.
3. Change to Roblox Compatibility Mode
The best operating system to run Roblox is Windows 10, although you might face compatibility issues. This is because Roblox was initially designed for the operating system before Windows 10 came out.
There are two ways to address compatibility problems however:
- Run the program compatibility troubleshooter included with Windows.
- Change the Roblox compatibility mode settings.
To use the troubleshooter, take the following steps:
- Enter run programs in the taskbar search box.
- Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
- Now click next.
- The troubleshooter will try and detect potential conflicts.
- You will see a list of potentially conflicting apps.
- Find Roblox in the list, then choose the recommended troubleshooting option.
- Restart your computer.
To change the Roblox compatibility settings, do this:
- Right click on the Roblox app and select properties.
- Click on the compatibility tab and choose Run this program.
- Select your version of Windows then click on Apply.
- If you are unable to change the compatibility settings for the game, use the program compatibility troubleshooter.
4. Delete the Log Files
Game history settings and more are kept on your PC and take up quite a bit of room. These temporary files are kept in the cache and can sometimes cause bugs in the game.
This is how to delete them:
- Press the Windows key and R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type this then press enter: %localappdata%\Roblox\logs
- Press Ctrl and A to choose all files.
- Press Shift and Delete to delete them.
- Press the Windows key and R again to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type this: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\
- Press Ctrl and A again to choose all files.
- Press Shift and Delete again to delete them.
- Restart Roblox.
5. Try Another Network Connection
You might get error code 277 with a problematic network or even a broken router. If you are using Google Play it might show as error 16 which is also a network problem.
If the router is the culprit, the game will keep trying to configure. Reset your internet connection or try another one, and see if that helps.
Roblox Repair Tool for Error 277
This tool is able to scan and diagnose any issues on your PC, and then repair them.
- Clear the cache
- Fix glitches
- Fix Windows registry files which have become corrupted.
The repair tool also includes database troubleshooting, database file extension, startup customization, live updates and DLL files.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error can occur on any device. Check your internet connection and then download the latest Roblox for your operating system. If this is unsuccessful, restart your tablet and try again.
Although Roblox does not have a lot of heavy graphics, technical glitches and bugs can happen.
If you are experiencing Roblox error code 277, try the above fixes and hopefully one of them will solve your issue.
If not, perhaps the problem is the game itself, and you will have to wait a while until the Roblox developers can fix it.