You might have experienced error code 524 if you play Roblox. The error message can look like one of these:
- You do not have permission to join this game.
- Not authorized to join this game in Roblox.
These are known as error code 524 or authorization errors. Fortunately there are some solutions you can try if this error is happening. The first thing to do is to ensure you have the newest version of Roblox.
This error is often seen by a gamer trying to join a VIP server as a guest. This is because the author of the game has chosen to make the server VIP, so only people he has chosen are allowed into that particular game.
However you might also be getting Roblox error code 524 if you have another problem with the app, so it is worth troubleshooting to determine the cause. This error is not caused by connection timeout.
Table of Contents
3 Ways To Fix Roblox Error Code 524
Let’s look at three different fixes for this issue:
Fix #1: Invitation from Friends from the VIP Server
You will be able to join the VIP server if you get a direct invitation from a player already in there. Here is what to do:
- Open Roblox and go to settings.
- Choose privacy settings.
- Scroll down to the tab box saying ‘who can invite me to a VIP server’.
- Choose everyone (instead of friends).
- Click OK.
- Now search for the usernames of players playing that particular game.
- It is simpler for you to do this if you can see YouTube streams.
- Invite that person and wait until they accept.
- Now click join game.
Also read: How To Fix Roblox Error Code 267
Fix #2: Reinstall the Game
If that didn’t work, or if you keep experiencing the same error, you might like to reinstall Roblox. These are the step by step instructions for doing that:
- Navigate to the control panel on your PC.
- Choose uninstall a program.
- Find Roblox player, then click it and uninstall.
- Navigate to the official Roblox website.
- Look for the game you would like to play.
- Now click on join and you can download the app.
- Download the Roblox player.
- Join the server again.
See whether this has fixed the issue.
Also read: How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279
Fix #3: Begin a New Server on Any Game
Beginning a new server with a VPN can help with Roblox errors. It will be your private server which means you can invite whoever you want to play, rather than not being allowed into somebody else’s server.
Here are the instructions for doing that:
- Open the Roblox player.
- Go to the game section and pick the game you’d like to play.
- Go to the chat button.
- Invite at least 5 friends.
- Join the game while leaving the game party at the same time.
Note: Last step might require a couple of attempts.
Also read: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277
If you get error code 524 frequently on Roblox, starting a new server of your own can be the best workaround. The game developers offer VIP servers, which is why some people face this issue. It is not a Roblox bug. Hopefully with one of the above fixes, you can solve this error and get right back to gaming.